Building your Database
Your database is your business. Building up the number of names in it and the relationship with those names is really at the very core of what building a real estate business is all about. The size of your real estate business will be in direct proportion to the size and quality of your database.
• It is not the size of the database it is the quality that matters
• In our business, it is the building up the numbers and the relationships with those names
Great way to build your database? Open Houses!
• Goal: Add two people to your database system at every open house.
• How? Use the scripts!Using the scripts will help us go back to the fundamental purpose of open houses – building the number of people in our database and the relationships with them.
Ask people entering your open house:
“Are you out shopping for a home today or do you happen to live in the neighborhood?”
• This allows us to know if they are a buy or seller whether it be current or in the future. Either one you can add to your database.
“How have you been getting into homes?”
• This allows us to know if they already have an agent or not.
“Would it be of value to you if I texted you a link to the features of the home?”
“If I emailed you a flyer of the home?”“If I emailed you a list of other homes currently open in the neighborhood?”
“Would you be offended if I connected this week to send you a home that is coming on the market in the neighborhood?”
Using the scripts will help us go back to the fundamental purpose of open houses – building the number of people in our database and the relationships with them. The script system is an intentional way to love and be human.
Keeping the enthusiasm The best in the industry never allow lead generation to fall prey to the ebb and flow of enthusiasm or the market. They systematize such that little energy or enthusiasm is required to keep the machine running.
What affects our enthusiasm?
• Anything! Whether it be positive or negative.
• New deals
• Lack of new deals
• Personal life
• Being tired
• Selling your first house
Rely on your resources when your enthusiasm is low. The scripts we provide you are a fool proof way to add people to your database. The more people you have in your database, the higher chance that you start having things that positively affect your enthusiasm. Remember, our databases are essential to our business. Without a database, we could not connect with future clients or reconnect with past clients. The people that we add and the relationships we build will directly coincide with our success. Once you have people in your database, never stop growing and nurturing those relationships.